Re: LAUGH OF THE DAY

>Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 16:02:42 +0100
>From: "Michael Stewart" <MPST@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: "Omega" <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: LAUGH OF THE DAY
>
>30 minute fills in the s&p this morning due to CME "problems" with Tops -
>might as well get the fill in the mail.  I wonder how long it will be before
>exchange officials get their day spoilt

As a user of tops from both the input and the execution side I would say
this:

Tops is great for e-mini's (unless it is down).

Tops is great for off the market limit orders, stops etc. in any market as
it frees up all the staff.

Tops is good for market orders in pits which utilize the EC or Electronic
Clerk. I'm sure someone on the list knows better than me, but the EC markets
that I know of are the Bonds, meats and maybe the currencies.

To my knowledge, and at least where I'm at, there is not a EC in the S&P 500
pit. If you are doing market orders in the S&P 500 the only way to go is to
phone it in. If you have a good floor contact you get a instant fill. A good
broker will have a good floor execution service, no matter which firm they
are affiliated with.

And finally, what does tops have to do with exchange officials?

Regards

Kevin