RE: Omega Server Quotes into Excel ???????

There is no mention of DDE or Dynamic Data Exchange anywhere in the Help
application nor anywhere on the Omega research "knowledge base".  I guess
the knowledge base is not that knowledgeable???

Can you please give more information on how you accomplished this is TS4?  I
will try to do the same in 2000i and see if that will work.

Albert

P.S.  here is the response I got from Omega:

For your purposes, You should read the material on the Data Access Manager,
which is the component that gets data from the Global Server. If you use
Excel 97, you could probably add the type library to VBA and build a macro
to produce the desired results. You could then apply the macro to a
spreadsheet object embedded in the Omega Research Desktop. We personally
hadn't considered that possibility, but someone briefly touched on that
subject last week, and it does seem feasible to do. In the next week or so,
I hope to investigate this approach.

FYI, the subject of a DDE link between an Excel spreadsheet and incoming
quotes has been a hot topic among customers for a while now. Product
Management recently informed us that this DDE link will be available in the
product, but at this time it's still too early to tell exactly when. Product
Management has assured us, however, that this feature WILL make it into the
product.