RE: Question for you math/probability types

Charles,

This sort of issue can be explored with Monte Carlo analysis.  You randomly
sample a week's worth of trades, thousands of times, and explore the effect
on net profit, Sharpe ratio, drawdown, etc of say a year's worth of trading
of stopping once you reach 7 pts.  You probably need a preliminary step to
determine the number of trades in each random week, which you can again do
by sampling from the system's historical performance.

This assumes that each trade is independent, so I concur with Glen Wallace's
comment to check for dependence.

Paul Barnes