Re: Off topic....

In a message dated 7/30/99 10:30:19 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
uf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Can anyone
>  still rationally argue that every US citizen should have a
constitutionally
>  protected right  to buy automatic weapons without a background check?

That's the problem with you people. You argue from an underinformed
viewpoint. The person involved did not have automatic weapons, there is an
extensive background check required for those. Even the semi-automatic
handguns used require a background check in the United States. BTW, I'll bet
there were plenty of Europeans in the 1920's that wish they had a
Constitutional right to keep and bear arms.