Re: Historybank.com

Dave wrote:

>  Is this just a big piece of crapp or am I doing something wrong?
   <snip>
>  does anyone have any tips on using it or is it just that simple and
>  its crapp!!!

Dave,

I'm sorry that Historybank.com *IS* that simple and it *IS* crap.
But it's free crap.  :)

You must change your perspective or your head will blow up.  We, who are
trying to use TS2k, are BETA TESTERS.  If you have ever done beta
testing before, you realize that the product is NOT ready to be used
reliably, is being advertised irresponsibly, and being promoted
wholeheartedly!!  This is just the way cash hungry big software
companies operate in the 90's.

If you are a serious trader and you have used TS4.0 or 3.51 with a third
party data provider, I would suggest doing what many of us are doing;
1.  Don't take TS2k seriously.
2.  Keep trading with your old software/data on a separate computer.
3.  Satisfaction will come, but it will be slow.
4.  Competition is good and other vendors (like TradeWare) might be head
    to head with OR in the next 6 to 12 months.  (many of us can't
wait!)

I've included a letter exchange below to show that you are not alone.
Several of us, everyday, send similar letters and get back similar
"non-responses" to questions that never should have been necessary to
ask.  Omega is not in the business to help you, but to debug and sell
it's products (see letter below).  That's just the way it is...

OTOH, if it wasn't for the attitude that Omega takes, there would be no
Omega-List.  And thanks to some generous and brainy people on the
Omega-List, sometimes real help is only an e-mail away.

Bob Perry
San Jose, CA