Re: Off topic....

From: Alan Myers
To: NHBob ; omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, July 30, 1999 4:52 PM
Subject: Re: Off topic....

From: NHBob...

>I think the 1775 words attributed to Franklin are more imortal:
>"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety
>deserve neither liberty nor safety."

*Someday, if you live long enough, you may come to examine the <snip> etc.
in the cold harsh light of reality
*and reach new conclusions about cause and effect.*

Hmm  Hey, its the weekend and time for some off-topic verbal jousting, hey?

*  The quaint colonial notion that firearms = freedom has been (and is)
proven false by many other
countries of the world right here in the 20th century.  *

You're confusing premise with conclusionn.  But for the sake of argument,
Where anywhere in the world has
(firearms + constitution)=freedom been proved false?

*There's no direct link between the two.  It is clear that  firearms =
violent death in direct
proportion.
~Alan*

It is "clear"? My, my, my.  Brutalized syntax aside, I'll see your claim of
clarity with this hackneyed phrase: "It is clear that  if guns are outlawed,
only outlaws will have guns... in direct proportion" whatever that means.

And I'll raise you another quaint phrase:"Good people do not need laws to
tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the
laws."
- Plato (427-347 B.C.)

and double down with this 20th century quote from another country:
"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has not heart; and any man
who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains. "
- Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

NHBob