Re: Off topic....

Ullrich wrote:

> ...  US society will degenerate into the morass
> of mindless violence that plagues parts of Eastern Europe and
> Africa  (among other less than garden spots of the world).      Can anyone
> still rationally argue that every US citizen should have a
constitutionally
> protected right  to buy automatic weapons without a background check?

Let's get the facts straight:

(1)  The individual who committed these senseless murders used pistols, not
automatic weapons.
(2)  Automatic weapons are not sold to individuals in the U.S.
(3)  Have you been to Africa?  I recommend that everyone go there.  You will
come back with a much improved appreciation of what can be done with a
machete and a little fire.  Guns are not necessary to kill.

The most violent places on earth are those where villages are wiped out
(yes, it happens daily) with machetes.

The Omega Man