Off topic....

... and in bad taste.  Sorry, I couldn't help it: a slight rewording of a
news report.

The incongruous killer:
Chilling portrait of Brown emerges

By Alan Judd
Atlanta Journal-Constitution Staff Writer

When Mark Brown walked into a Buckhead stock brokerage office
Thursday afternoon, he wore the same genial countenance he displayed
even in his driver's license photos: a warm smile across a round face
topped by a shock of dark curly hair - hardly the look of a killer.

"He greeted people on the way in," Harvey Hautkin, a spokesman for
All-Tech Investment Services, said later. And, Hautkin said, as he
began blasting away with two handguns, Barton told his victims, "I
hope I'm not upsetting your trading day."

Such incongruity clouded the portrait that emerged late Thursday of
the 44-year-old Mark Brown, apparently one of trading's worst mass
murderers.

"We have no information at all" on what set off the killing spree,
Atlanta Mayor Bill Campbell said late Thursday, "except we're certain
Mr. Brown came to Piedmont Road and killed nine people he thought
were named Cruz."