Ticked Off Even More

The inconstancies between how TS2K deals with tick volume and what an
experienced stock trader expects is rather unbelievable. As I show
below, I found evidence of where TS2K treats opening down ticks as up
ticks ( AMD 7/15/99) and up ticks as down ticks (CPQ 7/21/99). This is
no doubt just the tip of the iceberg.

CPQ on 7/16 has hundreds of opening DOWN volumes. The first 7 opening
minutes are missing. All ticks volumes, except 1, (5, 25, 100, etc.)
show CORRECTLY the first 100 or so volumes as DOWN. The 1 minute chart
(and all minute charts) shows CORRECTLY the opening volume as DOWN
volume (incorrectly according to your statement).

CPQ on 7/19 has many opening DOWN volumes. The first 5 opening minutes
are missing. All ticks volumes (except 1) 5, 25, 100, etc., show
CORRECTLY the first 100 or so volumes as DOWN. The 1 minute chart (and
all minute charts) shows CORRECTLY the opening volume as DOWN volume
(incorrectly according to your statement).

CPQ on 7/21 has many opening DOWN volumes. No opening minutes are
missing. All ticks volumes (except 1) 5, 25, 100, etc., show CORRECTLY
the first 100 or so volumes as DOWN. The 1 minute chart (and all minute
charts) shows INCORRECTLY the opening volume as UP volume (correctly
according to your statement).

CPQ on 7/27 has many opening UP volumes. The first opening minute is
missing. All ticks volumes (except 1) 5, 25, 100, etc., show CORRECTLY
the first 100 or so volumes as UP. The 1 minute chart (and all minute
charts) shows CORRECTLY the opening volume as UP volume (correctly
according to your statement).

AMD on 7/15 has many opening DOWN volumes. The first 3 opening minute
are missing. All ticks volumes (except 1) 5, 25, 100, etc., show
CORRECTLY the first 100 or so volumes as DOWN. The 1 minute chart (and
all minute charts) shows INCORRECTLY the opening volume as UP volume
(correctly according to your statement).

Now can someone tell me, what am I to make of this mess?

Wayne Mathews