Bear Trap mechanical fixation

  I don't get this whole fixation with finding someone who does
not override their mechanical system.
  If I develope a mechanical system that can survive the course
in the long run over any market conditions, I'm not going to take
a chance at lower profit or added aggravation just to prove I can leave
the system alone.
  Every experienced trader has days they don't like to trade. Some
situations are mathematically definable and some aren't. Some can
be calculated in advance because they occur annually on specified
dates. Some, like Greenspan announcements aren't until a fews days
before hand. Greenspan days can be a crapshoot. I'm about
50/50 on his announcement days. So mechanically my system
survives them. But I don't enjoy the aggravation of 12 to 26 point
moves in the S&P in 5 minutes no matter which side I'm on. Take
a look at them on a tick chart. Where's the fill? How are those guys
typing in the quotes holding up? They're no fun for me.
  When I choose to trade I'm on autopilot. I don't get in or out except
for datafeed problems. If the dollar takes a hit or a big fund dumps
their position while I'm long so be it. But why jump in the water
when the sharks are swimming just to prove you can follow your
system.

dbs