EasyLanguage Y2k compliance

FYI: I remember this being a topic of discussion a
couple of weeks back, and I found this today with a
sign that said NEW in the Omega FAQ site.  I wonder
why the didn't post this here as well?

Any thoughts?

Is EasyLanguage Y2K complaint?

Across all Omega Research applications that use
EasyLanguage (this includes TradeStation 2000i,
OptionStation 2000i, RadarScreen 2000i, TradeStation 4
build 23 and SuperCharts 4) we now have an
EasyLanguage date format YYYMMDD. Where YYY are years
since 1900, MM is the month and DD is the Day. For
example 1000101 will represent the first of January of
year 2000.

This date format will solve both the ambiguity of the
2000 vs. 1900 dates, and the date comparison problem
as 1000101 is greater than 991231 while keeping
backwards compatibility with EasyLanguage studies
written in older versions of Omega Research
applications.

All Julian dates, and other EasyLanguage functions
that use dates have been updated to read the
EasyLanguage date format YYYMMDD. And this format has
been thoroughly tested for proper behavior (this
including arithmetic results like division, addition
and subtraction).

For your convenience and ease of use, we have added
two Functions to EasyLanguage that help to further
simplify the use of dates. The first function is
ELDate(MM, DD, YYYY). This Function uses three
numerical parameters (month, day, year), and returns
an EasyLanguage date.

Example: If Date = ELDate( 01, 02, 2000 ) Then...

The statement above will compare the date of the
current bar to the date specified in the Function
parameters (01/02/2000), and return true for any bar
with a matching date. This Function can be used when
referring to a specific date in EasyLanguage. The
second function is ELDateToString(Date). This Function
accepts an EasyLanguage date as a parameter and
returns a string with a full date (MM/DD/YYYY).

Example: Print( ELDateToString( Date ) );
Would print “01/02/2000”, assuming that the bar date
was January 2, 2000.

The ELDate() and ELDateToString() functions are
available for download from the Omega Research
website. For 2000i applications, the ELDate_v2000i.ELS
file should be downloaded and imported. This file
contains the most recent version of the
ELDateToString() Function (ELDate is a built-in
Function). For TradeStation and SuperCharts 4
applications, the ELDate_v4.ELA file should be
downloaded and transferred into the application. Both
the ELDate() and ELDateToString() Functions are
included in the ELA file. “Only the ELDATETOSTRING()
function is necessary for the 2000I els file ”

The files can be found at the following links.
All 2000i products
ftp://ftp.omegaresearch.com/pub/updates/2000i_update_7_13/ELDATE_V2000I.
ELS

TradeStation 4.0 and SuperCharts 4 or previous
versions:
ftp://ftp.omegaresearch.com/pub/updates/other_updates_7_13/ELDATE_v4.ela