Daytrading margins

Hi Steve Rioch, you wrote on 7/19/99 1:40:25 PM:

>Good post to the omega list.
>
>I show exchange minimum margin for the DX contract to be $1,064.  I'm
>surprised you show it as $600.

The exchange minimums apply to contracts held overnight.  Just tell your
broker you want to daytrade, and presto, your minimum margin requirements
go down substantially.  Even below the "maintenance" level.

Yen $1050, Canadian $312, Deutsche Mark $400, Dollar $600, etc.

>Also could you possble send me a few days of intraday and daily data,
>BMI format so I can examine this market.

Download refresh data from Omega Research (http://www.omegaresearch.com)
You'll want to download BMI Futures Data (for the various dates)
Then after you download them, go to the Omega Server
Go to File
Down to Paste
And follow the directions from there
 -not as hard as you'd think.