Re: discipline

In a message dated 7/18/99 2:49:46 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
tradejacker@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> it's like marriage.....you pledge or promise yourself to another, but
>  the marriage itself is not disciplined, is it? (unless one or both are
>  tyrants :)) the same goes for trading

One might not always do what your spouse tells you, you might even think or
talk about it; but don't you always do what your system tells you to do?
Without hesitation, without question, just like you would do what that Marine
DI tells you to do in boot camp. "Private TJ: Buy! Sell! Be quick about it
now." My wife doesn't talk to me like that, well, most of the time she
doesn't; but my system sure does. Discipline? Passion? Devotion? Who cares
what you call it. If you trade a system or method you need to be consistent
or you are not trading a system or a method, you are trading by the seat of
your pants and using the system as an excuse.

Bill Wynne
TradeWynne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx