Re: Protection?

>> I would urge you to completely reconsider the idea of selling systems...

I would urge you to sell!

>From my (trader's?) viewpoint I would rather pay someone to program an
indicator or system then do it myself.

Let me give you two examples of "model" vendors selling the "right" way (IMHO).

First is Mark Jurik. He sells indicators. If I want indicator I could ether
program it myself or buy it from Mark. (The meter of fact I have met Mark
and bought from him AMA many year ago. But being extremely sophisticated I
never could figure out how to install it in my tradestation). The only
problem with Mark approach I have (I am not second guessing Mark, just an
opinion) is that Mark does not disclose how his indicators work. How I
could use the indicator and risk hundreds of thousand dollars on something
I do not understand what it is? And why would I start to program his
average myself? Bits me. But I would like to have a choice of indicators
and will be more then happy to pay for it.

The second "model" vendor is Chuck Le Beau. I do not have a single
reservation about his approach. He "dreams up" the system, clearly describe
the beast, programs it and offers for sell. It is great! Just yesterday I
invented a new system (do not tell anybody until I patent it: when price
crossing moving average up - buy, crossing down - sell). With my expertize
in EL it would take me about 10 years to program it. I would be very happy
if I could pay someone for that system.

I short people who trade need people who help them. As I am not going to
build my own computer (I let IBM do it), as I let Omega build me a
Tradestation, I want and need Mark and Chuck.

As of "snake oil" sales people, it is in human nature to have many of them
around. I simple by pass "system picks 59 that 100% accurate, turns $100
into $100,000 every single day including weekends and holidays".

Yours, Alex.