Re: Writing to a file from an ela

Jay

the problem with portfolio analyser is that you can only compare the very
limited variables which it produces for each commodity (system) and then
only compare in a limited preset format - ie, drawdown, profit and
efficiency - it appears Portfolio Evaluator (the Y2K upgrade ) may offer
what you need, {what I thought I'd bought with Portfolio Maximiser} but it
also apears that you need TS2000 for Evaluator to work - despite what
Rinasystems say.

In EL You could write your report as a system - and include the system as 12
different systems(ie per commodity) that way you would have the report in
the same format addressing each market, your trouble then is combining all
12 which you could do in excel- this is a chore for even 3 systems which
trade averagly 4 times a day!

IMO outputting system data from TS4 for analysis is cumbersome and
timeconsuming particulary when you have more than 1 system and because of
the 13,000 bar restriction an absolute nightmare for say 1 minute bars, that
means you can only output a maximum of 25 days results (with a system with 3
data sources on 1 minute bars) - the restrictiction also extends to
Portfolio Maximiser as well because you cannot load up each 25 day section
ontop of the last but only compare them as PM treats each entry as a new
system -

Now if I have this wrong and those more profficient in TS have found a way
to analyse cross data from different systems more effectively I would very
much like to know?