Re: Y2K Patch caution

On Thu, 15 Jul 1999, Terry Wyss wrote:

> I deleted the March 2000 contracts, and also all the 1990 contracts
> that TS had previously created (before the Y2K update?) yesterday.

BE CAREFUL. This "delete and then add" procedure will probably lose all
your data, and it will be a bear to regenerate it again, particularly if
you collect *lots* of data for each item.

What is needed is an UNEXPIRE option in the server. This would allow for
a more graceful recovery, and might even allow older data to be retained.
After fixups, one could always run an update to re-expire contracts.

Any thoughts on fixing this, once and for all?

Larry