THE FACTS

OMEGA - I have been watching the discussion about Omega's participation and
the Omega-List.  I have  seen very few post by Omega employees that were
accurate and to the point as far a fixing a problem is concerned.  Their
attempts have always been followed up upon by some individual or
professional trader who is not an Omega employee and must make a living
using this software.  Prove me wrong?

My, original bitch has always been lack of proper documentation and examples
of how to use their product.  This information withheld on purpose for the
hopes of future monetary gain has caused more pain and grief than any one
act Omega has ever done.  I do not need a X McDonalds employee holding my
hand thank you.  I can read and I have a mind but most importantly I have
good friends on this list that take seriously what we do with this software.
I'm not against someone hiring a McDonalds employee, I would never do it
though and expect them to give good tech support for a complicated financial
package - that is just criminal.  Omega wants them young and dumb and if
they grow and get smart then they get shoved out of the nest, Sam Tennis,
Miles Dunbar, Rico Font on and on we go where she stops only Bill knows.

There are a couple of ways to tackle a problem one correct and one wrong.
One is to hire as many cheap mindless bodies as possible so that you can
dictate to them exactly what to do.  Which may work only if you know what
your doing yourself.   Two is to partnership and collaborate with brilliant
people who are obsessed and love what they do each having a vested interest.

Therefore when you hang your head low because Omega is absent from this
list - REJOICE - because we are not wasting time trying to implement wrong
answers.  It's not so much the X McDonalds employees I fear.  Its the guy
who is in charge of the SYMBOL UNIVERSE I fear and more so the guy who hired
him and allows him to occupy that position.

MB

ps The best support comes from those who have a vested interest - those who
make their living using the product for its intended purpose.