Re: TS2K - works

In a message dated 7/14/99 6:56:52 AM Pacific Daylight Time, hrjf4@xxxxxxxxx
writes:

> Correct me if I am worng, but this is not a tech
>  support forum. This is a user forum. It is NOT
>  created, maintained or anything (really anything) by
>  Omega.

As a new member to the list, but an old time TS user (#200 something) I have
no idea about the old days on the list, and the abuse heaped on Omega's
techs. What I would like Omega to do is post known solutions to known
problems SOMEWHERE.

An example: A few years back I had a fax conflict with a best selling fax
software product. The Omega tech told me, and this is an exact quote (in a
voice you would use to talk to a young child): "The CPU [PII.233 190 meg ram]
is a very busy little man. You might be asking him to do too much when you
ask him to run TS and the fax at the same time." A few weeks later, after
several more calls and emails, I figured it out on my own. This type of thing
happens all the time. Both Omega and ITS clients would save time and money if
Omega would make an effort to be more forthcoming and efficient in relating
known solutions rather than hiding and denying them.

BTW DBC recently found info regarding repetitive Omega related crashes
(ongoing problem for more than a year) through this forum. They could not get
the same info from Omega. Wouldn't it be ironic if DBC and others were
monitoring the list for info about Omega compatibility that Omega would not
provide?

This list may be small, and it may be arrogant and bitchy, but it is a
knowledgeable group. It might not be fun, but Omega could benefit from
listening.

Bill Wynne
SmartTrades.com