Re: [Fwd: EL after 2000 dates.]

>   This is good. One caution that comes to mind though is that any
> ascii data files created from EL using the date function for the
> date column would be unreadable by any other software.
>
> i.e.
> "date","time","C"
> 991231,1615,1340.50
> 1000101,935,1400.00   ???

Yup, although I don't see that as a big problem. Here's a function I use
for writing dates to files for Excel. Excel can't recognize yymmdd as a
date so this outputs mm/dd/yy. With a little modification this could
figure out if the year is 19xx or 20xx and output mm/dd/yyyy.

{
Function: dh_mo_da_yr

returns a string in the form mm/dd/yy
}