Re: HELP NEEDED - $SPX as proxy for SP and ES Futures

What about using the SPY? A trader friend of some 24 yrs exeprience told me last
week he uses the SPY to provide a surrogate for continuous contracts when testing
for intraday cycles in the spoo. As long as the *relative* swings are equivalent
in the SPY vs spoo, he feels this is an ideal alternative to using adjusted
continuous contracts (for cycles). I had been using the current contract for
backtesting of cycles & he pointed out the paucity of data in  the front month
leads to less-than-complete information needed for cycles testing. I don't know
if this applies to system development, but it would seem that for *cycles*
testing it would work.

Michael