Re: Non Linear Pricing Theory & Applications

i have jurik's book, but i didn't get to may's section until you
mentioned it :))

i like the idea of messing around with the hurst coefficient/exponent
to measure persistence and antipersistence of any tradeable on any time
frame (even minute bars). fig 15.4 illustrates mispricing graphically
by showing the overlap areas from the gaussian (normal) and paretian
(stable) distribution plots. then you can get at whether the tradeable
has arb potential, ie, is it overpriced or underpriced.

i noticed that may includes a bloomberg chart that calculates the hurst
exponent and plots it as an indicator. is there any el code out there
to plot the hurst function? i thought i saw it somewhere (one of
brickey's lists?), but now i can't find it.

TJ