Re: CL_PMBe problems

Electronic trading problems appear usually in the following order
1. ISP connection problems.
2. Your system crashing (the client software or OS)
3. Broker system crashing. (the bummer, then you go to the phone).

If you got a good ISP, a major headache is gone.

For Timberhill, you will definitely need a backup account somewhere
or if you go thru an IB, you are treated as an instituational account with
the USD 900 overhead and initial charges to pay.

At 10:13 PM 1999-07-08 -0400, DLCRL@xxxxxxx wrote:
>First let me apologize for the cross posting I know it is bad manners as
many
>of us are on all the lists but i felt it was important to get this message
>out to as broad a population of potential PMBe customers as possible . I
have
>been a PMBe customer for about 4 or 5 weeks and twice have been faced with
>heart failure due to electronic trading problems and a lack of reliable back
>up systems between PMBe and timberhill ... On both occasions I was in the
>market ( i day trade the spoos ) with both a protectictive stop and a
resting
>profit target limit order when i decided to exit the trade at the market and
>cancel the limit and the stop on or about the time the sytem went down .
This