Combining Systems

Jose brings up an interesting issue. Combining systems.  Well, TS2ki
doesn't allow us to include systems via "IncludeSystem" as in TS4,
however, they have put in something new called "IncludeSignal" to be
used to include a signal in another trading signal, and you can include
multiple signals into your code this way.  Omega doesn't really want you
to do this however, their (bad) new idea is to use SystemBuilder and
essentially pass binary flags to it and essentially combine buy/sell
signals.  This simplistic view is great for leading beginners down the
garden path to disaster by merely adding endless unreleated indicators
and calling it a "System".  In real life you need to pass variable data
from indicators and SystemBuilder doesn't seem to allow this.  The only
other alternative solution I've found is to use 3'rd party DLL's which
allow creation of a global common to share data amongst various
programs.

James Davis

> Subject:
>       Combine different system
>  Date:
>        Wed, 07 Jul 1999 18:50:32 +0200
>   From:
>       Jose Ramon Diaz Serrano <jrdiaz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>     To:
>        omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx

>How can I do to combine two different systems, written in different
ELAs