Re: Commodity Brokers - Need Recommendations

>Subject:         Commodity Brokers - Need Recommendations
>  Date:         Wed, 7 Jul 1999 14:06:21 -0700
>  From:         "Carroll Slemaker" <cslemaker1@xxxxxxxx>
>    To:         <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
>I am planning to switch brokers and would welcome recommendations.
>
>I live in So. California and my current account is with a full-service
>broker.  Because I am a position trader (S&P only), commission size is not
>my first concern.  I have in the past chosen a full-service broker not for
>their investment advice but because:
>
>a.  I want a firm with a history of reliability and financial soundness.
>
>b.  I don't want the confusion of needing accounts with several different
>firms (IB, etc.) and banks,

 Check Jack White (in San Diego).  JW is the oldest discount broker on
the west coast.
He handles commodities as well as stocks, and has all sorts of accounts
types
(credit cards, checks, you name it).  He was recently (?) acquired by
Waterhouse.

www.jackwhiteco.com

donc