Re: W98 and multiple monitors

From: cashc@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To: Hinton Clabaugh ; omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 1999 9:22 AM
Subject: Re: W98 and multiple monitors

Whoa!!! I thought you could only use multiple graphics cards in
Win98.  How do you do that in Win NT???  Is that available in one
of the service packs??? Inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks,

Cash

Its easy to do a couple ways.  First see microsoft NT info at
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q162/9/28.asp
for multimonitor info; NT4 does after SP3 allows for multiple monitors, but
only to the extent provided in 3rd party drivers.  Thus its up to the
adapter mfg to define what hardware/software creates multiple display
capability.  Until recently a drawback was that dialog boxes would straddle
the two displays.  Axiomint.com offered a package to do it, but now Matrox
and others have supposedly updated their drivers.

I'm awaiting their Milllineum G400 card drives 2 monitors (@ about $150 ea,
w/8M/channel) ordered from their site; I'll be doing 2 systems & will report
next week if I receive the hardware tomorrow as promised.  They also have a
high-end G400+ with 16M/channel +TV; I understand their drivers will also
work with other Matrox cards, including the G200.  I looked into other mfg
(colorgraphics, STB)  but didn't get as good a tech support feedback.

But check the MS site, there may be additional info since I found it a month
ago.
nhbob