Re: Multi Data Tick Bar Charts are doubtfull

On Tue, 22 Jun 1999, pierre.orphelin wrote:

> If you push the reflexion further, you will see that multi data tick
> charts are a mathematical impossibility.

Hmmm... I just checked some charts like that that I produced with a VB
pgm I wrote. Are you telling me what I did is impossible?

It's a very interesting view of the data, too, despite what you have
said. Before you knock it, you should try it.

> >This also solves the problem of the longer timeframe graphs in a
> >multi-data chart having so much space in between the next bar.

Once you leave the slavery of TS time-based charts, and you get an x-axis
under *your* control (and even a z-axis :-), a whole world of *very*
interesting views opens up.  With VB + a charting package, it's not much
harder than trying to get EL/TS to do complex things, in my experience -
and the flexibility *greatly* exceeds what EL/TS is able to do.

> Bon appétit, messieurs....

Thanks, but I just had a delicious dinner, and I'm full :-).

Larry