Re: Multi Data Tick Bar Charts are doubtfull

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Mark Brown <markbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
À : omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date : mercredi 23 juin 1999 02:05
Objet : Re: Multi Data Tick Bar Charts are doubtfull

>PO, if I tell you how I can align multiple data tick charts of varying or
>same tick counts on the right side of the screen.  And then tell you how I
>handle scrolling back in time to see all of the data align on its time axis
>will you for once give me the credit that I am correct and you are wrong?
>======================

>>The data points inside the bar chart are false regarding to the  hidden
>time common shared scale.

So you are using a variable width  display, making things in coincidence, but it is an artefact useless in backtesting.
It's a display trick like the backplot features.

>Wrong, you are making an assumption based on what you know and your
>creativity is no match against mine.

I'm not creative , I am logical.

I'll demonstrate:

these two series have the same time stamp for the first and last tick of both series for sake of simplicity

0] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10]  data1
0] 1   2 3 4            5 6]   data2

Now, explain us how you make two  5 ticks bar with these two series
 and make them coincide where they should...ie at tick 5 of data1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>>Take a pencil and a paper and put sparse points on  3 parallel lines.
>
>Correct however because your above assumption is wrong this has no relevance
>to how I solved the problem.
>
>>Now, try to build a 5 tick bars on each, with a close in  time
>sychonization for each.
>>You will see that you are enforced to move some points.
>
>The cruel paradox you must be going through because now I will tell you -
>you are correct.  What you scream!  how can I be correct on this matter and
>incorrect on the shared scale?  Impossible I tell you PO exclaims to the
>high heavens!  That Brown is a nut case!
>
>>So, you distort the chart ( locally).
>
>Honestly you have lost me here - I can only guess one of 5 ways you mean
>this and I do not have time to give an answer for each one.

This is what you do.
I have has a closer look to your examples with a larger scale.
It is obvious that the horizontal scale may vary.
But it's an approximation, and you will NEVER find a tick serie where  REGULAR spaced ticks may coincide at every end of the tick bars of ALL the series.

>>I'm  Mark Brown, because I understand the true meaning of multi tick bars
>charts
>
>You understand what is known, you do not understand what is yet to be
>discovered.  Have you heard of the rings of Saturn?

 Ear rings ?

>the real mark brown

Yes, I know...

PO