Re: BandWidth Speed Test

> > I don't know about modem (ie. hardware) tweaks, but there are some
> > legitimate registry tweaks that can be made to improve cable modem
> > performance.  I made the changes about a month ago and haven't seen any
> > destabilization anywhere.
> > Check out http://home.tampabay.rr.com/philip1/cable.htm
>
> Good site did you do all the tweaks?  and did it help? can you tell?
> seems like they would..mb

I made all of the tweaks set out in the Win98 registry patch.  Some gurus
(and I am certainly not one) say that only the "DefaultRcvWindow=372300"
entry is necessary, while others say all the changes produce better results.

I noticed improvement on the high-speed FTP sites like Microsoft and
Symantec.  No improvement (obviously) on the slow sites.  Benchmark testing
was inconclusive because of the fluctuations you get from one test to the
next, and I just didn't have the stamina to stay up until 3:00 a.m. when the
internet quiets down.