NIC card Help

I have an old Compaq Presario 100Mhz 98 upgrade with a 3com NIC card and I
cannot get the NIC card to work and recognize the network. I worked for one
afternoon and has not since. We have called 3com and they are stumped. We
have re-installed W98 and the NIC card several times. We can ping the system
with no erros and all the diagnostics show ok.

I cannot get a network password prompt upon login. It gives me a W98 logon.
How can I get it to logon to the network?

ANy ideas???

Mike