Converting EL to something proper

Someone asked in a posting to Mark Brown:

"and how would one convert an EL coded system to work with Traderware
language?  Would you provide a conversion facility?"

===
I'm not a Traderware nor an Omega user.  I am a computer person.

Here's the line of reasoning:
EL is either compiled or interpreted.  If it is compiled, there is,
deep in the heart of EL, a "parser" that creates data structures from
EL commands.  Parsers are not hard to build, given a proper
and complete description of the EL language.  From the output of
that parser, it is rather straightforward (junior level computer science)
to build a code-generator to produce your favorite language's code ...
VB seems to be called for here.

If EL is interpreted, it can get a bit hairier.  It's been 25 years
since I hand-decoded an interpreted language from binary (DEC's FOCAL,
in fact), but each and every command in an interpreted language
typically calls subroutines and functions as the source code is read.
A bit more of a problem to translate into a proper compiled language,
but certainly do-able.

Cheers,
Rob Lake
rbl@xxxxxxxxxxx