Measure trendiness?

    I am looking/researching  for a way to measure the amount of time a
stock has "Trended" in the past.  I realize that the definition of " Trend "
would be differant for each trader, depending on time frames and goals...
but what i am looking for is a way to objectively reduce it to a hard
number, and take out the subjectivity, so that i would be able to take this
hard number and compare two securities( IE, comparing an apple to an
apple ).
I am looking for idea's for ways that this might be accomplished.  Whether
it be an indicator, or a program, etc.  I am hoping there may be a way to do
it, cause it would take a VERY long time to perform this by hand  over an
extended period of time and have all the calculations correct.  And of
course, any results or success in applying this would be shared back to the
list for its guiding help...  Appreciate your time and thoughts...

Knyyt...