Re: Andrew; TASAC Editorship

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew <warlord@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Mark Brown <markbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
<omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>; John Sweeney S&C <JSweeney@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, June 17, 1999 4:37 PM
Subject: Re: TASAC Editorship

>Media is the platform for ads since they pay more than subs.
>Flaw of the free markets that gets corrected with regulation.

Flaw?
I think not.  Is influence as an implicit free market media characteristic?
Yes, depending upon the degree of objective intent in editorial staff and
magazine ownership.

The value of a free press is often wasted on those unwilling to make
discerning judgements.  While regulation has merit in certain situations and
social activities, a free press is generally not one where regulation should
be a primary source of "correction".  A free market is a better source.