Re:UPS reboot GS

I have been fortunate to have the VP of Quality Assurance at Omega
helping me.  I have had emails from him starting at 5:00 am and running
until 9:26 pm.  He will probably be useless in a day or so at that rate.

My point is, I asked him how to deal with power loss and rebooting the
Global Server.  I got the program mentioned yesterday that auto logs on
to NT. The UPS will run shutdown, but if I'm not at the computer when
the power goes off I can't run nightly maintenance before the shut
down.  He is suggesting to the powers that be to add a feature to
automatically run nightly maintenance if you don't tell TS2k not to
before shut down.
Right now I just run nightly maintenance after the close so I am safe
all night.

The down side of not running NM is you loose about 600 ticks per
symbol.  This doesn't mean much on DELL but it is a big loss on indices
or lesser traded stocks.

Now about that marine battery on the UPS.  I don't think the UPS is
designed to recharge a very dead large battery, but it may work for
years to come.

Backup generators are pretty cheap.  Unplug the UPS and plug in an
extension cord to run to the generator in the back yard or garage and
send your wife off for a can of gas.  Yes, you can use the generator on
the bass boat also.

Good fishing and trading,

Jimmy