From: Mark Brown <markbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Omega List <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Monday, June 14, 1999 10:34 AM
Subject: Re: Continuous vs Perpetual - which one is the best!

:People are the price action of a market.  What is the sane thinking that is
:the mean of a market?  Well, I can tell you what its not.  It's not the
tail
:end of a contract expiration.  I would hate for my system to be at the
:apparent mercy of a bunch of desperate rookies who are working for some
:company as a hedge trader.   That is precisely what you are doing if you
use
:a price series that is not perpetual blended.   You are trading a false
:cyclical, panic attack at the end of each contract.  Then you are trying to
:make some technical sense of this and apply a system to it.  How wrong?
:Come on if you want to find the true nature of a price series than you
would
:want to dismiss the radical non predictive,  panic stricken rush to cover
:hedge positions at the end of a commodity contract.  Or would you?  No if
:you have a gambler trend following method that could capitalize on such
:false volatility then fine.  Just remember thought you may also be on the
:opposite side of the trade one day and then there will be a pay back.
:
:Mark Brown
:
: