Re: Continuous vs Perpetual - which one is the best!

My understanding is that TS/SC can be programmed to start trading on a
certain day, and stop trading on another certain day thereafter, *for a
particular contract*.

What I mean when I say TS/SC can't do it, is to backtest from contract
to contract without human intervention.  Maybe some supercoder has done
it, or can, but I've never heard of it.

Mark Johnson is a big fan of Trading Recipes, which apparently can do
it, but since I have been unable to get detailed info about the program
from RW, I don't know for sure.  I'd like to know.  MAybe this is why
Mark uses continuous contracts!

Jim Allen