Re:TS2k NT speed

TS2k SP2 seems to respond differently time wise from one request to
another than TS4 Build 21 does, but under NT I think TS2k SP2 is as fast
probably faster than TS4.  TS4 used more CPU, but it ran ok on my old 80
MHZ machine.  I can change workspaces as quickly as popping up any
program that is running, click and wham it is up.  Build 512 of TS2k was
a whole different deal, but it is history.  I am running dual 450 Mhz
processors under NT4 SP4  with 256 Ram and feeding TS2k PC Quotes
internet feed and sometimes DTN satellite feed.

I ran Windows 95 on my old machine and I will never go back to 95 or
98.  NT seems to me to be much more stable.  If I run TS2k on DTN I use
PC Quotes 6.0 at the same time to check quotes.  I have three browsers
open and Netscape mail running and usually excel and I play freecell
some.  Many days charting quits updating once during the day and I try
editing data in the GS, if that doesn't work I close charting and open
it again.  This only takes a few seconds per workspace certainly less
than one minute per workspace with no loss of data.  I was out of town
Monday and Tuesday and left the GS running and charting off and was
happy to see no loss of data when I opened charting.  It did crash a few
minutes later, but restarted GS and TS and it was ok. This takes less
than three minutes with one workspace.  Support or no support I would
consider NT if you are willing to do all the work to change over.

Jimmy