? on default # of bars loaded

If I'm loading 3rd party data (ie metastock) into ts2k, in format
symbol I have the ability to specify a date range. However the
default date range always seems to be 250 bars (I think thats what it
worked out to).  Is there a way to change the default # of bars
loaded??? I want to increase this and though I could do it in ts4 but
dont see how in ts2k..

I note the view->chart options has an entry for default bars back,
but i've yet to find any documentation about what this is
controlling? Mine shows a default of 10...Its not the # of default
bars loaded for a chart from global server, since its defaulting to
500, and no the # for 3rd party data..

thanx
-jim