More from Bob pelletier, president of CSI

I found the attached letter of complaint from a Terry Davis, as well as Bob
Pelletier's response at CTCN's web site.  Quite striking is that Mr.
Pelletier
says that he "will not tolerate rudeness nor impatience from our staff. I
often take complaint calls myself in helping to solve problems and
disputes."  I guess when he takes those complaint calls himself, he tells
the customer to go f--k themselves.

Dave

P.S. interestingly enough, the complaint was very similar to ones posted
earlier on this list...

CSI is an Excellent Data Service, but they to have some problems - Terry
Davis

It is interesting to read Bob Pelletier's comments bemoaning the fact that
contests are not fair. Grow up - life isn't fair. You are selling a good
product at a fair(?) price. I have dealt with CSI in the past and have found
their data service to be excellent. However, if I had to check a box for
customer service or help they give over the phone it would look like this:
¨Rude ¨ Ruder ¨ Don't call us, we'll call you. For billing problems it would
be: ¨ I'll get back to you soon! ¨ You didn't talk to me two weeks ago ¨ Why
are you complaining that we double charged your credit card, again.

CSI is a good and reliable company, but like so many others who are industry
leaders, they have internal problems just like the rest of us.

----

President of CSI Responds - Bob Pelletier

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to respond to Terry Davis' letter at
the time it is printed. I appreciate Mr. Davis' kind words about the quality
and reliability of our service and I wish him luck with whatever data
service he is now using. I think we agree that the public forum is no place
to air private gripes and billing disputes. I have urged you to print his
letter, because it touches a chord that is important to me and to many of
your readers.

Mr. Davis' letter strikes at a very vulnerable part of our organization. Our
customer service and billing staffs are required to field hundreds of call
per day; ranging the gamut from cheerful orders to aggravated tirades. My
mail often includes darts and laurels for both departments, sometimes with
dissenting views on the same staff member. Despite some evidence to the
contrary, the CSI customer service and billing staffs strive to resolve
every problem and satisfy every caller. As Mr. Davis' letter so poignantly
reveals, they do not always succeed.

When I read Mr. Davis' unhappy letter, our service manager called him to see
what we could do to help and to apologize. I will not offer a list of boxes
to check describing his response, but I now find it easier to understand
how, on a personal level, our staff may have been less than eager to help.
Nevertheless, I will not tolerate rudeness nor impatience from our staff. I
often take complaint calls myself in helping to solve problems and disputes.
I am sorry I did not have the opportunity to speak with Mr. Davis personally
about his problems.

Some troubles mentioned were caused by the recent strong demand for our
services. Because our prices are among the lowest in the industry and our
data products rank among the best, we have more than doubled our customer
base in only the last three months. The explosive demand has temporarily
overtaxed our customer service resources. We have since increased our staff
to better accommodate our growing customer base.

We have also made some staffing changes in customer service and bookkeeping,
which we hope will result in greater communications and better relations
with all our customers. Unlike our competition, we offer two-shift customer
service with Saturday help. We will continue to add additional assistance in
these areas as necessary to keep up with demand.

It is our goal to keep our fees low so that data users will come to us for
good reliable service. Hopefully, as the public becomes more aware, the
natural tendency will be to come to CSI for a superior product, a fair price
and ever-improving service.

Thank you again for the opportunity to answer Mr. Davis' concerns and thanks
to him for bringing these past problems to light. We consider it a challenge
to prove you wrong! If any CTCN readers would like to receive a free
subscription to the CSI Technical Journal, please call our Marketing
Department at 1-800-274-4727 or 1-407-392-8663. I guarantee they will be
treated courteously and with great respect.