Re: genesis intraday data

Myself and some others I know bought the Genesis data back when Omega sent
out a bunch of flyers saying that Genesis was going to become a honest
Futures Truth type independent futures testing thing for them.  So see I
bought into the hype, bought the historical tick data then subscribed to the
end of day refresh of intra day tick data ect.   I was shocked that it was
just another scam - the data was crap (infact it just looked like they took
it off Omega's site) the download service didn't work and they never got
into testing system's and of course I sent them one.

Latter someone on this list stated that they did eventually get the intraday
tick download to work with TS.   But I was so burnt out with them, its kinda
like Dial Data after you try them a few times you finally learn to just
pretend they don't exist and that they aren't even a bad back up option for
eod data.

I also bought tick data from Tick Data and it seems that this must be where
Genesis got their data from because it has the same holes in it.

I wish I knew where to get some good cheap tick data!

I run across this new vendor below, know nothing about them yet!

http://www.bayou.com/~smcg/cdata.htm