Re: System's & just two question for MD

> I think it's just a terminology quibble.  If I understand MB right, he
calls a system a "countertrend" system if it can trade against the larger
trend.

finally a sane person..

(Though it does look to me as though a lot of his against-the-trend trades
end up losing -- by my count something like 75-85% of the against-the-trend
trades in those GIFs end up losing or breaking about even.

correct but my justification is that the markets chop more than trend, so it
would be out of character to say that the screen shots are typical.  unlike
most people who try and show only the best side of their system I showed you
the ugly side of the thing to illustrate a point.

>MB, have you ever thrown a trend filter on this thing and only tried taking
the with-the-trend trades?)  Other people would say he's trading WITH the
trend, but with a much shorter trend definition.

with a few Cray's at my disposal what do you think?  I can tell you what the
exact trending and chopping range is for every market in the world and what
your odds would be trading either method.  this is where you have to trust
that some things just have to be, accept it, use it and go on.  what I mean
is perfection and the holy grail is a system that you are happy with and
that will hold up over time.  many confuse a holy grail with 100 percent
winning trades.  I say its having a system that you have 100 percent
confidence in.

> I think Bob's "fade the end of the move" definition would meet almost
anyone's idea of "countertrend."  But that's a darn hard system to write.
If you figure it out, please let me know.  :-)

if you look at the very bottom chart and the current trade I'm in right now
you will see I am buying a bottom yet again while the bonds are trending
downward.  mb