Re: System's & just two question for MD

"The Omega Man" <editorial@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It's as common as can be...  A SAR system that gets whipped when
> the market goes into a trading range.  The age-old problem with
> SAR.

I think it's just a terminology quibble.  If I understand MB right,
he calls a system a "countertrend" system if it can trade against the
larger trend.  (Though it does look to me as though a lot of his
against-the-trend trades end up losing -- by my count something like
75-85% of the against-the-trend trades in those GIFs end up losing or
breaking about even.  MB, have you ever thrown a trend filter on this
thing and only tried taking the with-the-trend trades?)  Other people
would say he's trading WITH the trend, but with a much shorter trend
definition.

I think Bob's "fade the end of the move" definition would meet almost
anyone's idea of "countertrend."  But that's a darn hard system to
write.  If you figure it out, please let me know.  :-)

Gary