Re: System's & just two question for MB

From: Lawrence Chan <stnahc@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Dtrader <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Omega List <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, June 05, 1999 4:00 PM
Subject: Re: System's

> > > Mark has given out the model rules already ... if you have
> coded / traded something like that you would understand.

Hi Lawrence,
Mark was very nice to share with us his big experience.
In his emails there were a lot of true  and also some tips .
But there were no code(obviusly).
He said us :"I use close of the one hour bar  on bond market.
Counter Trend trading,  is the life for me.  Computer analysis shows that
there are many more wiggles in commodity data than there are strait lines."
And again:"I know of no other method of trading that makes more money in a
shorter period of time if
done properly.
For me this was a big surprise!
My god ,was so  difficult learn to go with the trend.
But maybe I am wrong on what countertrend means.
You can sell the brekout of  yesterday high or sell a breakout of today high
but then when  and where is the exit?
You can enter on a dip and then exit on the previous swing high.(this seem
better but  we can't call it counter trend)
This kind of strategies are, for me, too much  difficult to code so I have
never tried them.
Ok friends, I am ready to learn somethings new.
Is somebody  out there so nice to post one or two counter trend strategies
for me!?
Come on Lowrence share something with us...  : )
Have  a nice sunday
Mario