ts4 and running it on 01/02/00 [was: Re: Re:Anyone want to go to Florida]

gary and other el wonks (hey guys, i mean that positively :)) -- please
bear with me here. ok, i can collect futures symbols past Dec 99 by
disabling the morning update in ts4, no problem. however, i've got to
manually add symbols and delete the server logs, which is a minor
hassle, but i can live with that if it means my trading platform is
stable. i've been doing the post 99 symbol collection on bonds and
s&p's for 6 months now with no hangups, so it works alright.

here's the deal -- what will happen to ts4 charting and powereditor on
01/02/00 (globex session)? if my studies reference dates, will they go
kaka? what about studies that don't reference dates, are they kaka too,
even a simple ma? i know dennis h. ran a y2k test program in ts4
powereditor and it failed. does that mean all the studies will be
unuseable (not verified) past Dec 99? what about the server? i assumed
that if it could handle y2k symbols, then it could do the dates too.
but maybe that assumption is faulty.

i'm just trying to separate out the fact from fiction regarding y2k and
ts4. i'd like to keep ts4 too even with it's limitations. but ts2ki is
a sick joke as a professional trading platform.

TJ