Re: Re:Anyone want to go to Florida

> Your telling me none of these programs meet your needs and none
> can replace TS for you?  Then you better get ready to use TS2K for
> a long time because if these can't replace TS for you nothing will.

I'm a system trader, and I write my own systems.

Of your list, I believe only 3 (WoW, MetaStock, and possibly
NetTrader) provide the kind of system development and testing
features supported by TS, and they have other problems that have been
discussed elsewhere.  (And there's also Ensign, which is a very
worthy competitor but has some characteristics I don't care for.)
They do not seem to be sufficiently "better" than TS4 to justify
chucking thousands of lines of EL code.

The rest, as far as I know, are canned-indicator charting packages
and black-box systems.

So no, none of them meet my needs.  But unless TS2K becomes a WHOLE
lot more reliable than it is so far (AND Omega starts treating its
customers a whole lot better), TS2K will never darken my hard drive.
I would turn off the morning update and continue using TS4, without
Y2K fix, even with all its misfeatures and limitations, before I'd
waste time and money on TS2K.

More likely I'd just write my own trading platform and tell all the
vendors to shove off.

Gary