Re: TS2k Major Defect

-----Original Message-----
From: Dick Webb <dickwebb711@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Edandrea <edandrea@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Larry Wright <lwright@xxxxxxxxxx>;
omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Monday, May 31, 1999 10:12 PM
Subject: Re: TS2k Major Defect

>Just did another basic test of TS2K
>Today I installed the latest histroy disk and updated
>from their site.
>
>I looked at Globex data files
>
>I examined the data for cd9u
>and found that there was data for 13 days during the
>month of May.
>
>For JY9U I found nine data days
>
>jumped to 2 charles schwab indexs
>
>Each had one day of data
>

>Believe it or not I am very happy to find these errors
>before i invest more time in this trash. I have less
>than 4 hours invested so far.

I tried converting my TS 4 Server data to TS 2000 Service Pack 2 using
Omega's "Conversion Wizard".   What a DISASTER!   A number of futures
symbols ended up with exchange AMEX AND won't even chart in TradeStation
charting.   This was especially the case for CME contracts like SP.

Also it took about 17 HOURS to convert my TS 4 Server data consisting of
futures and indices.  Apparently the way Omega designed the TS 2000
conversion utility it completely took over my dual-processor NT machine.   I
couldn't run ANYTHING ELSE on the machine for 17 hours.

I have to wonder if Omega's programmer/trainees have any idea what they are
doing.    It seems very clear now that Omega could care less about existing
customers with our data conversion and Y2K requirements.