RE: CL_creating continuous intraday data

Creating a continuous contracts is fairly simple.

Using a backadjusted method is the most popular in testing systems.

TradeStation 4.0 will handle about 13K bars at a time so you'll need
to decide where to break the files.

To create a back adjusted contract, the Close(s) @ time on the day of
rollover are the calculation values that are used for the adjusting
calculation.  This is done by finding the Close/Last at a specified
time (usually the Close of the day) of the last contract and the next
contract on the same day at the same time and using that difference
as the adjusting value for all the data elements that are backwards
in time from that date and time.

This means that as the file gets larger with more contract periods,
then more data will be adjusted.  The purpose of the adjustments is
the keep the most recent contract at current/actual market values.
The full name given to these contracts is "Continuous Back-Adjust
Current at Actual Contracts".  The name says is all so the
calculations are just simple addition or subtraction.

Roger...