Re: good til cancelled orders on tradestation?

At 3:34 AM -0400 5/28/99, John Niem Jr wrote:

>Example: buy close of today - 10 limit;
>
>The above signal would only be valid for the next bar.  How can I make it so
>that the "limit buy" order would be a "good til cancelled" order that
>doesn't expire if it doesn't hit on the next bar?

The way I usually do this is to set some True/False variable on the buy
condition and then keep the condition active for some number of bars. The
code below illustrates the technique.

Bob Fulks

------

Input: MaxCount(5);

Vars: BuyOK(FALSE);

Count = Count + 1;
if Count > MaxCount then BuyOK = FALSE;

if <buy_condition> then begin
   BuyPt = Close -10;
   BuyOK = TRUE;
   Count = 0;
end;

if BuyOK then Buy next bar at BuyPt limit;