other program

my update on my search of replacement of TS4

last time I posted about 2 programs, livewire & investor/rt

now, Windows on WallStreet DayTrader v7 ...

It uses the Universal Market Data Server, you do not need
to separately purchase the server if DayTrader is the only
program you use.

Its charts are ok. print out way better than TS4.
It has bsaic functional formulas like metastock for indicators.
Some basic system testing stuff (I don't use it, so no commend).
Has its own time & sales window, quote page is great, better than TS4.
The news engine is better than the news monitor in TS4 too.
Have a built in portfolio thing - no time looking into it yet.

I use it with BayOption's OptionSimulator/RT and my own program
connected to the UMDS at the same time - excellent stability so
far.

Complain - yes, UMDS v3 is not out yet, so internet feed support
is not there yet.

So, for year 2000 ready, I think I have found my backup plan ...

I am a minimalist in terms of trading, all my research stuff are
outside of the regular trading tools, as I lean towards using
regular/customize math tools for backtesting. If you heavily
depends on TS for backtesting, then I don't know what else
is there which is integrated that way ...

-Lawrence Chan