Re: Aberration & Bet Size

> One problem I had with the trading results I saw in this system was that a
> relatively small percentage of the trades accounted for a relatively large
> percentage of the gains.  When I look at shorter term systems with lots and lots
> of trades - I think it's prudent to throw out a handful of best and worst trades
> to eliminate the possibility that the system results aren't simply the result of
> luck (good luck or bad luck).  I'm sure there are more mathematically correct way
> to evaluate the results - and perhaps someone who knows more about statistics than
> I do can comment.  Robyn

I've been on the biostatistics faculty for 30 years and have a degree in
applied math.  I happen not to be an advocate of classic statistics, which
makes this set of data + my own posted trading results fodder for an
interesting analysis of won/lost distributions.  Probably will take
a week or two to get to it, but I will take a looksee with some novel
tools.

Thanks for the suggestion, Robyn!

> Jim Allen wrote:
>
> > I think you may be assuming facts not in evidence, that this mechanical
> > system is a "piece o crap ola trading system"...

Cheers,
Rob Lake
rbl@xxxxxxxxxxx