Re: Tickscape

> Has anyone had any experience using Tickscape. It's a free 3D modeling
> software meant to be run alongside TS4.
> It's available at: http://www.tickscape.com.
> Would be interested on user reactions, especially on its usefullness.

Yes, me too.

We are now giving Tickscape away for TS4.0 to get more users and to
get more user reactions  in order to understand how Tickscape
can be improved and what kind of additional features need to be built
in the future.

The main purpose of Tickscape is to provide an intiutive way to
represent pivotal price levels by representing time / price as a 3D
landscape and pivotal levels as "hills" and "valleys". However other
uses of the software are possible as well.

How the 3D landscape is plotted depends on user functions that can
be freely programmed. Since the possible techniques vary from user
to user we need further input on what kind of functions must
be supported to chart these user techniques.

Although Tickscape is an add-on to Tradestation and therefore related
to the omega-list I should mention that there exists a Tickscape
mailing-list which includes several highly respected members of the
Omega  list.  For some mysterious reason the mailing list has been
underutilized and most users have so far preferred to communicate
privately with me. I hope more users take the chance to
air their thoughts on the mailing-list. Subscription to the list is
done via the website.

Any constructive comments - inclusive negative ones - are highly
appreciated.

Gerrit Jacobsen
JRT

BTW: The free Maximum Entropy Spectral Analysis tool is still
available on the website.